Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

Soy Sauce Brined Turkey


Its time for Thanksgiving! Time for pigging out on tons of yummy, tradition-laden, foods.

Funny thing is, until last year, I wasn't really a fan of the Thanksgiving turkey. For most people, the turkey is the highlight of the Thanksgiving meal. For me, well, give me a steak or ham any day. That's not to say that I grew up eating dry, bland, turkey. I didn't! Every year, my dad would pull out the old charcoal webber grill to grill/smoke the turkey. It would always turn out moist with great smokey-ness. While I liked the taste of it, after one or two bites, it was enough for me.

When I had a chance to make a turkey for myself and Chris last year, knowing I didn't have a charcoal webber to use, I had to figure out how to make a turkey myself.

Luckily, I happened to catch this on the food network:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/altons-turkey-brining-secrets/866.html

Ah yes. Alton Brown explaining the importance of brining a turkey. Always good eats, always good science. I was determined to use a brine on my turkey. But then I stumbled upon this:

 http://gastronomyblog.com/2010/11/16/soy-sauce-brined-turkey/

I'm not even going try to pretend I came up with this recipe or pretend that I made enough alterations to allow me to post it myself. Just go to the Gastronomy Blog, follow the directions, and ta-daa! A perfect, juicy, flavorful turkey.

I have used this recipe three times, about to use it again this year. I love it.

I hope you do too!

Let me know what you think!


Thanksgiving for two! Yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment